Aim of Project:
1. Design indigenous Autonomous Architecture for boats
2.Poly-Propulsion Smart Intelligence System.
3.Low cost Product Development
4.Catamaran Hull design (University Design)
Benefits of the Project:
1. Transition from ROV to ASV for better performance and reliability.
2. Smart system architecture built from scratch for both Navigation and Propulsion.
3. Can be customized based on Mission.
4. Can be incorporated in Defence standards as per requirement.
5. Made at Low-Cost and considered as indigenous product under Make in India Scheme
The Renewable energy powered Autonomous Smart Ocean Surface vehiclE is a smart intelligent vehicle that autonomously drives with GPS feedback servo control and at any kind of hindrances. The vehicle acts smartly and reaches its destination continuously. The vehicle will serve applications of the future space programmes for manned space missions involving re-entry and pick up from the ocean surface and also Defence applications with the highest contribution. The propulsion designed system is a hybrid system of solar, wind and wave energy powered for long endurance missions. The prototype has proved the capability of autonomous travel of 700 metres at ECR Back waters. The endurance has proved for more than 6 Hrs in solar alone. The design of the boat is basically be a fusion of catamaran and aircraft carrier. Storage and mooring of additional vessels is also in the pipeline for utilization of multithemed missions. Ultimately Ocean Trials are in the pipeline and demonstration of the hybrid propulsion system is a stone throw away.
Our work in brief:
Advisors and Staff involved:
Dept. of Mechanical Engineering
Dept. of Electrical and Electronics Engineering